Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Pixar Touch

After getting this book from the library less than two weeks ago, I finished its' 262 pages on the same day as the 132-page challenge I've owned since late August. I know that says something about me but I'll worry about that later.

I enjoyed this look at the people and stories behind entertainment-giant Pixar. Two things impressed me: 1) passionate people can hang onto their vision in spite of crummy circumstances and 2) many types of people (computer geeks, accountants, story-tellers, CEOs, etc) can be driven more by the pursuit of significance/uniqueness than by the love of money.

My favorite Pixar movie is The Incredibles, followed closely by Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo; everything else is nice but not in the same category. What's yours?









No comments: