Tuesday, December 2, 2008

miscellany #2

  • Saw Britney Spears on GMA this morning. I don't know if I should feel glad for her because she's getting her life, or career, back together or sad that she's repositioned to propogate her version of femininity/sexuality. Also, I wonder if people are into her for who she is or if they are waiting for her to crash again.
  • Been reading a little book (132 pgs) at a slow pace (some stuff is heady and has to be read twice). The book is 'Trinity & Triunity: Salvation and the Nature of the Godhead' by E. Charles Heinze. I intend to finish it this week...or I will burn it.
  • Started another book on my 2008 to-read list 'The Present Future' by Reggie McNeal. Already encouraged by this thought in the first chapter - We (church leaders) are asking the wrong questions. And things won't change for the better until we do. I'm gonna like this book.
  • Also, started reading 'The Pixar Touch'; interesting so far.
  • I'm thankful for libraries.
  • Love the low gas prices.

No comments: