Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wow.

  • It's been almost a month since my last confession, I mean, entry.
  • Life is good. God is good. My wife is a super-hard worker; I wish I could do more of her stuff so she could rest a little. I have been on a little push-the-laundry-through-to-help-out spree the last few weeks but I wish I could do more; I think she's irreplaceable. Max finished his soccer season on a high note (scored two goals!) so that's cool. Viola Girl(Zoe) is plugging away and getting more used to private lessons and, in particular, her teacher; plus, tonight was her first GirlScouts meeting. Makenzie is finally settled at the middle school and rockin' the academics.
  • I'm really enjoying John Stott's book, Through the Bible Through the Year. I tend to like big overviews and this book is a simple walk through the Bible in one year. I've tried to read 3 chapters a day and all that but I usually fall behind somewhere. This is more manageable and enjoyable for me. It's not for everyone; Norma tried it for awhile but decided it wasn't for her. I'm reading some other things too but this one is the one I choose to start my day with.
  • With fall sports over, it'll be interesting to see if teen participation in church stuff will change. I'm convinced that more and more extra-curricular, school-sponsored stuff is filling up a student's week and church/youth group/community is getting squeezed out. I think the best way to combat it is prayer, personal conversations, and some alarm-sounding.
  • I held a new baby boy (not mine) last night at church. What a hairy head! Can a kid who is less than a month old sport a sweet fohawk? Ridiculous.

No comments: