Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Praise God!

Monday night, we tried something I had talked about with the kids the week before. They had to go to bed earlier, no matter what show or game or whatever was going on. They were very excited! Well, maybe not so much. I explained that like Mom and I read the Bible or do Bible study or help others do that, I wanted them to do that. Because Satan wants their hearts and minds to forget about how special Jesus is, we need to make sure we protect our hearts. It's heart medicine. [I know, kinda cheesey.]

I'm happy to report that it's off to a good start. I told the girls to read something in the Bible or one of their FaithGirlz books. I asked Max, a developing reader, what Bible story he wanted me to read with him. He said, "Jesus on the cross." I proceeded like it was no big deal; even though, right now I'm tearing up, how awesome!!!] "Max, each gospel tells about Jesus death. But since you like John 3:16 so much, let's read from John." I read John 19 for him with a few explanations and alterations along the way. "You really like that story Max?" "I like that story dad." What a great heart, what a great son!

Tuesday night timing wasn't as good as Monday night's; so we didn't get heart medicine time. But I recently received Mark Driscoll's book, Death by Love, and put it on Max's dresser before lights out. He looked at it when I steppped out of the room; the cover is an eye-catcher. When I came back, we talked about Wednesday's schedule and he was bummed that, because we get home late from church, we probably wouldn't get to read any of it.

This morning he got ready more quickly than usual so we could read some! We were able to read about Jesus' scourging, walk and crucifixion before he got on the bus.

- I hope his heart is always ready for some medicine.
- What a personal challenge.
- Praise Jesus!

No comments: