Thursday, March 4, 2010

Avatar and Daughter #1


In case you haven't heard, the movie 'Avatar' is a big deal. My oldest daughter, Makenzie, and I went to see it a few nights ago.

As far as movies go, we really enjoyed the IMAX 3-D experience, the buttery popcorn, and a Cherry Coke. The visuals were off the charts! The story was fun, even though it was low-grade propaganda and predictable. And as far as post-movie dinners go, Arby's roast beef sandwiches were just fine. The Jamocha shakes were even better!

What I really enjoyed about the evening was spending time with my beautiful and intelligent daughter. She's really no longer a girl, she's a young lady. I am impressed with the way she carries herself. She is not locked into herself, she is aware of what's going on around her. She picked up on the not-so-subtle messages of James Cameron. She looks at things with a Christian worldview.

One day she'll break my heart when she says, 'Dad, Jose and I want to get married.' I'll freak out!!!  :) But until then, I am so glad I get to spend time with her and watch her grow as a person. I'm parentally proud of how she's doing and thankful to God that He has given Norma and I the opportunity, strength, and wisdom in training her. May He continue to help her along and bless us in the process.

No comments: