Thursday, February 12, 2009

Picked up a book I had stalled on, Redemption Truths by Sir Robert Anderson, and found this inspiring thought on page 69:

'Our salvation depends on the Lord Jesus Christ; not on the measure of our appreciation of Him. The slenderest wire may suffice to convey the current which floods our room with light. Not that there is any light in the wire itself. There is no merit in faith; yet the faith which, as it were, but touches the hem of His garment 'makes the connection' which brings divine light into the soul.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I finished most of it and put it back on the shelf. It's really a not-technical theology book and I find myself drawn to those. It's part of a series by the author who joined Scotland Yard in 1888 when Jack the Ripper was ripping. I have a few other volumes from the set [which I 'received' from a dead guy] and will work on those sometime down the road.