Friday, September 5, 2008

Vacation's gone:(

Our vacation was good. It was more staycation than vacation but that was fine.
Norma and I went to dinner by ourselves at J. Alexander's. It's not a place we'd normally go but someone had given us a giftcard. It was tasty! And the portions were to big to finish. Although the rest of the night didn't go real smoothly, it was nice to be alone with my bride.

Our first Sunday we spent in Detroit. I really like visiting other churches so my family allowed me the indulgence. We went to Northridge Church in Plymouth. I've become friends with a small groups pastor there and was able to connect with him. The kids loved it and were ready to go back! We went out to eat and did some shopping. Our second Sunday we stayed home and didn't go anywhere. I thought it would be good for us. Turns out, the family was way more 'good with it' than I was. They said I was edgy that morning. Sorry fam!

Later that week we went to Grand Rapids and enjoyed four things: the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum, staying with the Emery's, the Van Andel Public Museum (70 foot whale skeleton!) and Baker Book Store.

Near the end of the vacation, we spent a few hours at a nearby waterpark.

Vacations are good. And we should have more of them. I wonder if fewer commitments to things would make more of life feel like a vacation? We're so busy trying to enjoy all that life has to offer that life becomes less enjoyable. Well, it's back to school and that's a post for another time.

No comments: